Monday, March 29, 2010

Aging.... (Very personal)

It's funny I turn 24 in a couple of hours and this is my 24 blog posting.....Just thought I would share that.

I am sitting here and I was talking to my Lil/Big bro and we have realized that being a kid is much easier than being an adult.  Each year we get older and as kids we wanted to get older, but now the odd thing is now that we are adults we wish we could be kids again.  Looking back it seems like just yesterday me and my siblings were  just kids.  Running, playing, and all of us alive and well.  Today sitting here I would never imagine me being married with a child, my sister have a lil girl, and my lil/big bro have 2 great kids.  We use to get into trouble together, didn't care what happen to us, but now it's so different.   I remember my 18th birthday like it was yesterday.  I wanted to stop aging then.  I know this sounds odd, but everyone looks forward to their 21st birthday and that is a birthday I didn't look forward to.  My oldest sister never lived past the age of 21.  Each year when my birthday rolls around that is the first thing I think of...is that I am older than she got to be.

One good thing about aging is that you start making new memories.  You add new people into the family and you have your own kids that you get to watch grow up.  I am sure when Zander turns 24, it will seem like just yesterday that he was born.

So here is to another year of living life to the fullest...never miss a beat.  You only live once, so make your life worth living.  Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment